Why I started Anytime CPD Courses?
After many years as a chartered accountant and legal practitioner, I was frustrated by the many instances of high cost, inflexible and frankly poor quality CPD courses.
So I decided to do something about it.
There are good reasons why professionals should maintain minimum continuing professional development. There is no reason why meeting these requirements should be expensive in terms of time and money. Therefore my objectives are to provide courses that:
- are affordable ;
- can be taken at a convenient to for your, your client commitments and most of all your family;
- are high quality practical and relevant courses that actually help you improve your professional service delivery; and
- utilise the latest developments in online adult education.
John Burke FCA BEc LLM
Why Anytime Tutoring?
Some people prefer person to person or small group live interaction via telephone, Zoom, Google Meet or Skype. Quality tutoring needs to be affordable and flexible having regard to students’ busy lives.
With my experience and qualifications, I believe that at this stage of my career I have something valuable to share with those at the beginning of their career.
My Qualifications and Experience
My name is John Burke. I am the principal of Anytime CPD and Tutoring. I am a semi-retired chartered accountant and retired legal practitioner.
For the record, my NSW Working With Children Check number is WWC0468748E. This is valid for paid and unpaid work.
My professional and academic qualifications include:
- Bachelor of Economics / Bachelor of Laws (Macquarie University)
- Master of Laws (University of Technology, Sydney)
- Company Directors Course Diploma (Australian Institute of Company Directors)
- Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Fellow of CPA Australia
- Retired Legal Practitioner of the Supreme Court of New South Wales admitted as a solicitor (admitted 1982)
- Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Certified Fraud Examiner
- BAS Agent Registration Skill Set (TAFE NSW Digital)
- Sole director Anytime Anywhere Bookkeeping – Registered BAS Agent
- Accredited Mediator – Multiparty Mediations (Centre for Dispute Resolution University of Technology, Sydney)
- DiSC® Accredited
- Accredited Brian Tracy Trainer & Business Coach
- Retired Official Liquidator & Trustee in Bankruptcy
- Certified Xero Advisor
- MYOB Partner, Quickbooks Pro-advisor, Reckon Cloud Advisor, Certified Saasu Partner, and Member WavePro Network
Professional Training Roles
Chartered Accountants Program
- 2003 to 2016 – workshop facilitator for all technical modules
- 2000 – 2003 – Group leader Accounting I and Capstone Module
- 1992 – 1999 – Master Group Leader and Examiner of the Advanced Insolvency Module
Insolvency Education Program -Insolvency Practitioners Association of Australia (ARITA)
- 1997 to 2013 – Workshop Leader
I have been a chartered accountant for over 35 years. During that time my roles included a director at Ernst & Young, Manager Colonial State Bank and Partner at BDO Chartered Accountants. In more recent times I have been the principal of my own chartered accounting practices, The Business Physician and Anytime Anywhere Bookkeeping.